7 Best Configuration Audit Tools
by Marisa Vesel, on Oct 14, 2019 10:30:00 AM
DevOps is all about collaboration between development and operations departments. Unfortunately, security can still be disconnected from this collaboration and its importance in the software development lifecycle (SDLC) diminished.
DevSecOps works to combine development, operations, and security teams, making security a priority right from the beginning. In DevSecOps, application and infrastructure security is a shared responsibility between all team members at all stages of the SDLC.
Integrating DevSecOps into the workplace culture has numerous benefits, including becoming an auditor’s best friend. When security is at the forefront of the mind, audit season is much easier. Additionally, there are plenty of tools available to help organizations automate their auditing process.
We have compiled a list of the best configuration audit tools currently available.
HighBond by Galvanize
- Encourages collaboration between security, risk management, compliance, and audit professionals to increase productivity, create actionable insights, and bring value to teams
- Features a cloud-based platform of over 12 products to strengthen governance across all organizational departments
- Utilizes real-time dashboards and monitoring systems to point out anomalies and show where an organization stands with risk and compliance
WDesk by Workiva
WDesk is a product used to modernize reporting and compliance initiatives within the cloud, with a focus on connecting data and context, ensuring governance and compliance, and unifying people and documents.
- Eliminates the need for manual data collection by automating certifications, workflows, and templates
- Automatically updates data from spreadsheets to tables, charts, graphs, and documents across all connected instances whenever a change is made at the source
- Increases collaboration while ensuring governance by utilizing control access based permissions and collaborative workspaces
TeamMate by Wolters Kluwer
TeamMate is an internal audit management software that focuses on three core principles: visibility, efficiency, and consistency.
- Eliminates the need for manual data collection by quickly generating reports on demand and electronically delivering the report to anyone in the organization for review
- Allows departmental standards to be defined so that generated reports are created in a consistent format for clear readability
- Includes a complete audit trail, included user actions, document edits, and due dates, all to ensure audit files support findings
AutoAudit by Refinitiv
AutoAudit is a tool to help improve the efficiency of internal audit processes by utilizing a structured approach to scoping and conducting audits.
- Allows organizations to create their own auditable items based on their own risk models and criteria and then connect those assessment profiles to specific audits
- Enhances communication by storing electronic work papers in a centralized location and allows users to respond to findings in real-time
- Reporting UI/UX features superior reporting capabilities through dashboards and multi-dimensional views
AuditBoard is a fully integrated platform to help organizations automate SOX, operational audits, and compliance.
- Platform created by audit experts with best practices in mind, providing benefits such as single source record and control libraries
- Keeps SOX documentation accurate, consistent, and accessible by automatically updating documents when a change is made to any risk, control, or narrative
- Utilizes automated workflows to capture, assign, and track issues to ensure that remediation gets done
Onspring Audit Management
Onspring is a cloud-based software that promotes efficiency, transparency, and control across internal audit processes while helping organizations strategically plan, tactically deliver, and elevate performance of internal audit departments.
- Evaluates risk exposure and business objectives while taking into account audit committee directives when deciding on priority work flow
- Ensures issues are properly addressed by tracking mitigation and sending auto-reminders to necessary personnel
- Utilizes a one-click navigation dashboard to provide upper-level management with a live view of audit project status
Audit Management by SAP
Audit Management is a software system designed to automate internal auditing procedures and improve the quality and efficiency of these procedures.
- Simplifies audit planning and management by engaging auditors with easy-to-use interfaces and collaboration tools
- Improves the quality of issue reporting through online management review and easy collaboration
- Allows audit documentation to be captured instantly through mobile devices and drag/drop tools
Inedo DevOps tools maximize developer time, minimize release risk, and empower stakeholders to bring their vision to life faster. All with the people and technology you have right now. To get help streamlining your CI/CD processes, contact email@example.com