10 Azure DevOps CI/CD Functions
by Marisa Vesel, on Sep 4, 2019 10:30:00 AM
Microsoft Azure DevOps provides several tools to support Development teams. Offering a vast array of solutions to implement DevOps practices throughout the entire organization, Microsoft Azure is growing in popularity.
Azure DevOps tools are easily able to integrate with Inedo’s BuildMaster. Using the TFS extension, organizations can import cloud-stored build artifacts into BuildMaster, create or comment on work items, and apply the necessary automated or manual approvals, ultimately adding a layer of consistency that applies to both legacy and greenfield applications.
We have summarized 10 of Azure DevOps’ CI/CD functions.
Azure Front Door
Azure Front Door optimizes website performance by allowing users to define, manage, and monitor the global routing for web traffic. Front Door allows you to personalize applications and APIs in order to change standardized products into the most optimal form for an individual
- Offers multiple-site hosting to add and configure multiple web sites with the same Front Door configuration
- Provides high availability for critical applications using smart health probes that monitor backends for latency and availability. This allows planned maintenance operations to be carried out on applications without any downtime
- Provides security through Azure DDos Protection Basic and allows users to create and author custom web application firewalls for access control
Azure Redis Cache
Azure Redis Cache is a cloud cache service that provides Azure users with high throughput, low latency, and secure cache by storing data in memory instead of on a disk.
- Offers a fully managed version of the Redis server, so users can benefit from it without the need to deploy or manage it
- Provides easy scalability by allowing cache size to be increased or decreased without any service downtime
- Natively supports strings, hashes, lists, sets, and sorted sets by backing from the open-source Redis service
- Secures data in transit by supporting industry-standard SSL and ensures safety at rest through Azure storage disk encryption
Azure Data Factory
Azure Data Factory is a data integration service that allows users to create data-driven workflows in the cloud. This allows data movement and data transformation to be orchestrated and automated between supported data stores. Azure Data Factory does not store any data itself.
- Requires no code or maintenance in order to build hybrid ETL and ELT pipelines within the visual environment
- Allows continuous monitoring and managing of pipeline performance by integrating into existing DevOps processes for CI/CD
- Provides single hybrid data integration service for all skills by allowing users to work with their choice of processing service or insert custom code into any pipeline
Azure Cosmos DB
Azure Cosmos DB is a globally distributed and multi-model database service. This server allows users to scale throughput and storage across any number of Azure regions around the world.
- Offers single-click access to data replicated from all Azure regions
- Allows regions to be added or removed from the database at any time
- Offers single-digit millisecond latency and high availability backed by SLAs
- Allows users to access and query data using APIs for a variety of database providers
- Increased analytics speed via analysis of served data against Azure region local databases
Azure Sentinel provides security for the entire organization through the cloud and AI. This service is currently in the preview stage and is available for free at this time.
- Analyzes data to detect threats and reduce false positives using unparalleled threat intelligence
- Provides built-in orchestration and automation of common tasks to allow users to respond to incidents quickly
- Scales to meet organizational needs in order to provide protection across the entire enterprise
- Utilizes AI to proactively identify threats, prioritize lists of alerts, and receive analysis of security events with in seconds to speed up response time
Azure Bot Services
Azure Bot Services allows conversational experiences to occur for customers through easily customizable and intelligent bots.
- Utilizes AI capabilities with cognitive services to give bots the ability to interact and support customers through speech and images
- Offer code samples for a variety of different bot types-from simple Q&A to virtual assistants
- Integrates across multi-channels through open source SDK in order to communicate with more customers more often
- Allows ownership and control of customer data to be kept while still delivering personalized experiences to customers to provide high-quality support
Azure Machine Learning Studio
Azure Machine Learning Studio allows predictive analytics solutions to be created, tested, and implemented without the need for code.
- Encourages collaboration through a simple drag-and-drop software for predictive analytics solutions to be deployed as a web service within minutes
- Allows models to be created through drag-and-drop datasets or analysis modules that can be linked together and modified into various functions and parameters to create effective models
- Includes hundreds of built-in packages and support for custom code, R, and Python
Azure IoT Hub
Azure IoT Hub connects, monitors, and manages IoT assets and allows devices to be scaled through device management and provisioning.
- Defines device-to-cloud message routes without any additional code
- Provides security and confidentiality by allowing individual identities and credentials to be curated for each connected device. Permissions can be granted or revoked for specific devices as necessary
- Speeds up IoT deployment by registering and provisioning devices in a safe and scalable way
Azure IoT Central
Azure IoT Central is a SaaS solution that connects, monitors, and manages IoT assets at scale in order to bring connected products to market quickly while keeping customers a priority.
- Requires no cloud development expertise to create a finished IoT solution in hours
- Seamlessly integrates into existing business systems and processes for easy use
- Simplifies the process of customizing, deploying, and scaling IoT solutions by eliminating the need to worry about infrastructure
- Integrates security features into the cloud solution from the very beginning, and provides privacy features such as role-based access to keep control of data
Azure Stack is an extension of Azure used to break through cloud boundaries with building and running applications.
- Supports the use of public cloud services, on-premises cloud services, and virtual machine applications on-premises
- Allows compliance to be maintained by providing full flexibility to deploy on-premises without requiring a change in code
- Helps modernize legacy systems by applying a consistent DevOps process to existing data
Azure DevOps Can Help Your Business
Azure DevOps solutions help organizations stay Agile and gain confidence in their business process. Through integrations with Inedo DevOps, organizations are able to maximize developer time, minimize release risk, and empower stakeholders to bring their vision to life faster—all with the people and technology you have right now. To get help streamlining your CI/CD processes, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.